Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stories About Remarkable People

In this blog space I want to share stories and photos about the colourful, hopeful, and resilient people I have met since first setting foot in Tanzania in July 1998. I want you to know about the world they live in including their challenges, hopes, and dreams, and how they overcome daily obstacles few of us would ever withstand. In particular, I want you to meet the girls and women TEMBO Trust sponsors in the Education and Micro-Business programs it runs in Longido and Kimokouwa, two villages in northern Tanzania. You will also meet the staff on the ground, the people who work day in and day out to improve life in the villages and to make TEMBO's vision a reality.

Some of the women in Kimokouwa. Mount Longido is in the background.

Longido girls fetching water after a busy day at school
Since 1998 I have made many project visits to Tanzania. I have taken thousands of photos that tell as many stories. Some I have shared in journal notes I have kept and written about in other blogs. Still, my collection of stories and of photos keeps on growing, right along with the town of Longido.

I hope you will feel free to add your comments and thoughts. You can enter your email address in the column on the right. This will ensure you are notified whenever a new entry is posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are about this blog post.